Clarks Summit Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Giving Clients the Full Recovery They Deserve
If you’ve been injured as a motorcyclist in an accident, you may be feeling isolated in your pain, but it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Despite motorcycles making up just 3% of registered vehicles in the United States, motorcyclists account for 14% of annual traffic fatalities, and motorcyclists are six times more likely to be injured in accidents than car occupants, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA).
Just because motorcycle accidents and injuries are more common than not, however, does not mean that you deserve to suffer. Our Clarks Summit motorcycle accident attorney can stand by your side and help you file a claim against the negligent driver or other party so you can recover damages and reclaim your life.
At Vazquez Injury Law Group, our lawyer offers compassionate representation to our clients in their time of need. You can lean on us as we pursue justice on your behalf.
Contact us online or by phone at (570) 209-7062 to learn more about our legal services and how we can help you begin your personal injury claim. We offer services in both English and Spanish and are available on weekends.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Result in Serious Injuries?
It’s well-known that motorcycle accidents tend to result in serious, or catastrophic, injuries that can be expensive to recover from and change the way you live your life.
The main reason for this is because motorcyclists lack the outer protection that occupants of cars and vehicles have, including seat belts. Though motorcyclists have helmets, they do nothing to protect the rest of the body in an accident.
Some common catastrophic injuries that occur in motorcycle accidents include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries like paralysis
- Head and brain injuries.
These injuries can be long-lasting or permanent and require extensive medical treatment, from surgeries to physical therapy.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Contrary to popular belief, poor weather conditions like rain or hail rarely cause motorcycle accidents on their own. Many motorcycle accidents involve other vehicles and drivers, and frontal collisions account for most two-vehicle crashes. Driver negligence is the culprit of most motorcycle accidents.
Common causes of accidents that result in injuries and death include:
- Left-turn accidents: One of the most common ways motorcycle accidents occur is when drivers make right of way errors on left turns and strike motorcyclists. Drivers can also cause left-turn accidents when they misjudge how fast a motorcyclist is going and think they have enough time to make a complete turn.
- Speeding: Drivers pose a threat to all vehicles on the road when they’re going at dangerously high speeds. Speeding reduces a driver’s response time and causes more damage due to the amount of force applied upon impact. In accidents caused by speeding, motorcyclists are nearly always the ones with the most serious injuries.
- Unsafe lane changes: While it’s relatively easy to detect a car in your blind spot due to its size, it’s much more difficult to notice a motorcyclist riding alongside you. Many cars injure motorcyclists when they fail to check their blind spots or signal properly before changing lanes or merging.
- Motorcycle defects: Sometimes, drivers aren’t responsible for motorcycle accidents. A defective or dangerous part, like poor brakes, can contribute to an accident on the road.
Pennsylvania Helmet Laws
The state of Pennsylvania requires that any person who operates or rides a motorcycle (including an autocycle) must wear protective headgear.
If you are 21 years of older you will have to wear a helmet as well, unless you have either:
- Two years of riding experience
- Completed a motorcycle safety course approved by PennDOT or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation
- The operator of an occupant of a three-wheeled motorcycle or autocycle equipped with an enclosed cab
Damages We Can Recover for You
With our decades of experience, we’ve handled countless different motorcycle accident cases and know how to hold negligent parties accountable, whether it’s a drunk driver or a motorcycle manufacturer. In some rare cases, if uneven or rocky roads cause your accident and injuries, the government entity responsible for paving the road can be held liable.
Because motorcycle accidents tend to result in serious injuries, it may be more expensive to heal than if you were injured in a car accident. For example, you may have to take additional time off work, losing wages, and you also may have to invest in long-term medical care or treatment.
Our team can calculate your damages and fight for your rights to compensation so you don’t have to pay a cent – not even for motorcycle repairs.
Trust our team to protect your rights to compensation after an injury – call our Clarks Summit motorcycle accident attorney today for a free consultation at (570) 209-7062.
Hear It From Our Clients
Mike went above and beyond every single step of the way.- Logan M.
My family and I are extremely happy we had such a good team behind us!- Kaitlyn C.
Thank you!- Jeffery K.
They go above & beyond for you- Sandy W.
Highly recommend!- Tom P.
Settlements & Verdicts
Work Injury Successful Litigation & Settlement
Fall from scaffolding at work
Work Injury Successful Resolution
Explosion of machine under pressure resulting in facial injury/ loss of vision
Slip & Fall Successful Resolution
Slip and fall on ice at major retail store resulting in head injury and neck injuries.
Work Injury Successful Settlement
Low back injury while lifting at work
Work Injury Successful Settlement After Litigation
Crush injury to low back and leg when struck by heavy equipment